Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What's for Dinner on April Fools' Day

Well, since today is April Fool's Day, I decided to have a little fun with the kids (and Brian) at mealtime. Our menu for tonight is fish sticks with ketchup, peas, and cupcakes with orange punch for refreshment. OK, here is what it REALLY is! The fish sticks are sugar wafers covered in peanut butter and rolled in crushed corn flakes. The peas are green laffy taffy pieces rolled into balls (Do you have any idea how long it takes to roll laffy taffy into balls to get enough peas for a realistic serving????) The peas are a little too lime green--maybe we'll have to dim the lights so they can't tell:-) There is strawberry jelly in the ketchup bottle (I know, that's mean). The cupcakes are actually meatloaves with mashed potatoes (tinted with food coloring) for the icing. And the refreshing orange punch is jello, nicely cooled and solidified! Not very nourishing--oh well. We needed to brighten up this gloomy day, although we do need the rain.

Happy 1st of April!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You, my dear, are just full of surprises! I wish I would have thought of something fun like that. I may have to keep this one to myself and try and remember for next year!

Sally