Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ducklings!!

Momma Duck has hatched out 7 adorable baby ducklings!! These are black runner ducks, which walk in an upright position. They look rather uncomfortable when they walk, almost like they should have their hands out to balance themselves. They are so funny to watch when they run around. I also have a few in the incubator that should be hatching any day now. I can hear them peeping at me through their shells. Now, the only problem is keeping the cats away from them outside. The cats can squeeze through our fence out back. We may have to catch the ducks and put them in the barn somewhere until they get a little older. Brian's solution would be to get rid of all the cats, but I don't think Katelyn would be too happy about that. I'm sure that Momma Duck will be protecting her babies. She wasn't very pleased that I was in her face taking pictures of her and her babies. Ever hear a duck hiss???

2 comments:

gandhi said...

good site, can you visit my blog too

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed catching up on your blog. Your meal did look very deceiving. And it sounds like all the animals are keeping it interesting down on the farm.
Teresa