Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Troublesome Rooster


Well, this guy certainly doesn't learn his lesson. This rooster has caused us enough problems. A few months ago, he was kicked out of the chicken house by the other roosters. Unfortunately, it was probably because his feet looked different than the others. How sad. So he probably became depressed and thought he would run away. He planned his escape and ran away to the neighbors. He was living the high life by eating scraps off the neighbor's porch and not having anyone pick on him. This was all fun and games for the neighbors until he started crowing at 3 a.m. Not good neighborly relations. We caught him doing this not once, but two times. In order to keep peace with the neighbors, we put him in our small pasture with our goats and ducks. Well, now he's really pushing his limits. I caught him trying to breed with my ducks! While this may be an opportunity to come up with a new breed of animal (we would call it a "chuck"--get it?? chicken + duck :-) How appropriate since this is Brian's nickname at work!!!!!!! Ha, Ha! However, I just think this is wrong. I know spring is in the air, but he's looking for love in all the wrong places! Since I'm flying solo this week (Brian is in Louisiana with MDS), I had to try to catch him last evening by myself and pen him up somewhere else. Brandon thought this would be humorous to catch on video. Mommy catching a chicken. Oh my. Have a good laugh at my expense!
Now my ducks can graze in peace. Anyway, the rooster has an appointment next week--at the butcher shop. Chicken noodle soup anyone?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sure have your funny and amusing moments with your animals on the farm. Do you really think that the rooster's deformed foot was the cause of him being pushed out of the chicken pen???

Betty