Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Footprints in the Snow

Well, I'm hopeful that this is the last snow of the season. But with that in mind, I thought I should capture all the footprints in the snow that we have around here.














Big ol' black Angus hoofprint


cute little kid's footprint
pterodactyl (just kidding--it's a guinea footprint). They have huge feet for as short as they are!









Goats' footprints. They tend to drag their feet when they walk. We'll have to work on that!




She wanted to get in on the action!









duck's webbed footprint
of course, puppy dog. lots of these around here









I know, not really a footprint. But a very fascinating design.


chickens--looks like they are trying to give directions!
petite little kitty cat




It made me think about what kind of "footprint" I am leaving behind. Do I tread softly with barely breaking through or do I stomp through to the ground below?? I know, that's deep (no pun intended :-) How do I treat others? How will they remember my "footprint" that I leave behind. Food for thought!

2 comments:

Betty said...

I liked the guinea foot prints. So many different kinds. A very good thought at the end.
Betty

Kim said...

I miss snow!!! Thanks for sharing this unique glimpse into the beauty of snow. Thanks for taking the time to stop...notice...and appreciate the smaller things in life.